Safety Tips for Patients & Attendants
Become an Active Member in your patient’s Health Care Team
Preventing Slips and Fall
- If you are told to not get up without assistance, please don’t. This is for your safety.
- If you are allowed to get out of bed without assistance, make sure that the light is on and that equipment is out of your way.
- Ask your nurse to make sure that your bed is in the low position.
- Make sure you can easily reach your call button, telephone and other personal items that you might need.
- Don’t be shy in using the ‘Call Button’. We are there to assist you.
Preventing Medication Problems
- Make sure that all of your health care providers (doctors, nurses & therapists, pharmacist, dieticians etc.) know everything you are taking; this includes prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins and herbs.
- Make sure your doctors, nurses and pharmacist know about any allergies that you have experienced or any side effects that you have had to medications.
- Ask for information about your medicines in terms you can understand.
- If you think that you have missed receiving a medication, ask the nurse.
- If you are uncomfortable about receiving a medication, you may refuse it. But make sure you discuss this with your doctor.
- Make sure that all of your belongings and valuables are secure. The hospital shall not be responsible for any loss.
- Try to keep the windows close, to avoid mosquitoes.
- Do not bring outside eatables in patient rooms, please use the cafeteria.
- Avoid talking loudly, it may be disturbing to other patients.
Important Contact Details
In case of any query / feedback, kindly contact your nursing staff.